The Los Angeles Rams released a preliminary schedule of which jersey they’ll sport during the regular season.
We say preliminary because, you know, with all of their primetime games (there’s no way the Rams aren’t wearing something wild on Christmas), this list is not final.
NFL fans all think their team has the best look of any in the league. What we can say is NFL teams spend a lot of time and money tweaking their looks.
What Ram fans can say is that their team set the trend for everyone else. Who was the first NFL team to put a logo on their helmets? That would be the Rams back in the 1940s with the iconic Ram horns painted on either side.
Where’s the Rams’ Alternate Helmet?
Alternate helmets have become a major talking point this off-season with multiple NFL teams showing off new helmet designs; the Bengals have gone with a white tiger look, the Jets, Saints and Eagles have gone black, and the Texans are going to use battle red.
Why haven’t the Rams shown an alternate helmet? My guess is there isn’t much suspense about what an alternate Rams helmet will look like, the original Ram horns were white but then shifted to yellow (excuse me, now called ‘sol’).
There is no other option for an alternate Ram helmet except one with white horns. I don’t want to see a gold helmet with blue horns. What Ram has blue horns?
The Look Of The Rams
When I was re-watching Ram games from 2021 (yeah, I do that), I was struck by how good the white top jerseys look and the white pants, but there’s nothing better than that deep royal blue with the banana gold compliment (I’m not calling it sol). The less said about the Rams’ metallic gold jerseys back in St. Louis, the better.
This year the Rams list they’ll wear the royal blue tops (also called their throwback jerseys) seven times. They’ll go with the ‘icy whites’ eight times and the unfortunate ‘bone’ tops (they can call them what they want, they still look gray) twice.
If only the Rams would do something about that strange Rams patch on the left shoulder of the jersey. That thing doesn’t belong.
Again, this schedule should be seen as preliminary. For sure, some superstition will pop up and the Rams will make changes along the way.
Rams 2022 Jersey Schedule
- Week 1 vs. Buffalo – Icy White with yellow pants
- Week 2 vs. Atlanta – Bone White tops and white pants
- Week 3 at Arizona – Bone White tops and white pants
- Week 4 at San Francisco — Icy White with yellow pants
- Week 5 vs. Dallas — Icy White with yellow pants
- Week 6 vs. Carolina — Royal with yellow pants
- Week 7 BYE
- Week 8 vs. San Fran — Royal with yellow pants
- Week 9 at Tampa Bay – Royal with yellow pants
- Week 10 vs. Arizona — Royal with yellow pants
- Week 11 at New Orleans — Icy White with yellow pants
- Week 12 at Kansas City — Icy White with yellow pants
- Week 13 vs. Seattle — Royal with yellow pants
- Week 14 vs. Las Vegas — Royal with yellow pants
- Week 15 at Green Bay — Icy White with yellow pants
- Week 16 vs. Denver — Royal with yellow pants
- Week 17 at LA Chargers — Icy White with yellow pants
- Week 18 at Seattle Seahawks — Icy White with yellow pants